After turning in a research proposal for my Shakespeare class, I haven't done much writing this week other than a narrative report on a tutoring session that is due as part of my job responsibilities in the Writing Studio. Through tutoring and through pro-seminar, I feel like I have made substantial progress this semester in diagnosing writing. After reading a piece of writing (at least someone else's piece of writing), I can, with relative quickness and confidence, spot what's missing or what works. Turning this beam on my own writing proves more difficult, but maybe I am getting there.
This weekend's project is to get the literature review done. I ambitiously plan to revise my introduction as well, as these two things seem interlocked to me. I feel the need to revise my introduction to address its problems, and also to refine its focus. If the focus is too fuzzy or if it is misdirected, so too will my literature review blur and wander. To prepare, I am reading and re-rereading some of my sources. I may post again after I have made more progress on the literature review. As of now, not much to report.
No comments:
Post a Comment